Frequently Asked Questions
Can I purchase a sign without the flashing arrow?
Yes, Outdoor Signs America offers many variations of the portable sign product.
What is the warranty on portable signs?
All portable signs are warranted against part failure and workmanship (excluding bulbs and lamps) for 6 months.
Where are the letters, stand and other parts for my portable sign?
All parts including letters are shipped inside the sign cabinet. Unplug the sign, remove the labeled end panel and slide out the face.
How do I make the sign not flash?
- Unplug the sign.
- Locate and remove 6 screws attaching the tip to the bar.
- Gently pull the tip away from the sign.
- Remove the screw on the top of the bar that holds the flasher unit. The flasher is just inside the bar where the tip connects. Remove the flasher unit from the sign.
- Cut all the wires going to the flasher unit.
- Strip back the insulation 1/2 inch from both ends of the cut wires.
- Wire nut the black, red and yellow wires together with a twist connector.
- Wire nut the white wires together with a twist connector.
- Tape around each twist connector down to the wires with electrical tape.
- Repeat steps 7 - 10 for the wires attached to the flasher unit.
- Re-install the flasher unit with the same screw previously removed.
- Replace the tip on the bar using the 6 screws previously removed.
- Plug in the sign.
How do I change the bulbs in my sign?
- Unscrew the retainers and pull them off.
- Remove the header panel.
- The bulbs will then be exposed and you can remove them easily from the ballasts.